DIPLOMA AND CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
Applied Electronics and Computer Hardware
Proposal for following changes and extension-
(1) Eligibility criteria-Any student studying BA / BSc / BCom /BCA are eligible for the course.
(2) Type of Evaluation-Semester End evaluation only in place of continuous assessment and Semester End evaluation.
(3) To extend the course to 3rd and 4th semester for the students who completed the course of 1st and 2nd semester.
(4) The certificate course i.e. 1st and 2nd semester syllabus will be same as approved earlier except little modification.
(5) Diploma students have to complete all the four semesters.
*(According to UGC guideline, out of 20 credits 8 credits should necessarily be assigned to field work/project work/training and each credit is of 15 hours of work load) Grading System: Seven point scale shall be used to award the grade. (Ref: PCC guideline for implementation of credit and grading system.)
Career Oriented Course In Information Technology The programme is a Career-Oriented-Course designed as per UGC guidelines. The program incorporates skill oriented and value added, add-on course to be opted by students as a parallel sub-discipline while pursuing their degree level education. The scheme was designed to ensure that graduates who pass out after completing these courses would have knowledge, skills and aptitude for gainful employment in the IT sector in general and self-employment in particular.
At the end of three years, the students will be equipped with a Certificate/Diploma/Advanced diploma in an add-on orientation course along with a conventional degree in Science/Arts/Commerce. The college will be the first in Nagaland to provide dual certification which if approved by UGC. To begin with, the dept. will offer a one-year certificate course, which will be inter-disciplinary in nature. The program will be named as Certificate Course in Information Technology. The syllabus was designed in compliance with the UGC guidelines and is being verified and approved by the dept. of IT, Govt. of Nagaland.
1. Dual Certification [Conventional Degree + Professional Qualification] 2. The Certification will fulfill the criteria set by the dept. of IT, Govt. of Nagaland for all direct recruitment in Government establishments. 3. Academic programs are designed as per industry requirements. 4. Certificates received from reputed UGC recognized college and accredited by NAAC with grade ‘A’. 5. Saves money and time. Thrust Areas of the program: 1. Semester I: MS-Office and Database Management System. 2. Semester II: Web Designing and Multimedia. Eligibility: 1. Certificate Course: 10+2 passed [Any Stream] 2. Diploma Course: Certificate Course passed. 3. Advanced Diploma Course: Diploma Course passed. Duration: The duration of each program is one year. Attendance Requirement: 75%
A. Career Oriented courses will have a progressive approach. The following programmes are available:
1. Certificate Course: The course will be of 20 credits. Each credit will have 15 hours of workload out of which 8 credits should necessarily be assigned to field work/project work/training. The proof of this should be submitted during examination e.g. work experience certificate/dissertation/report etc. duly issued and signed by the concerned institutional authority/coordinator/faculty.
2. Diploma Course: The course will be 40 credits (20 credits earned during Certificate Course). Each credit will have 15 hours of workload out of this 8 credits should necessarily be assigned to field work/project work/training. The proof of this should be submitted during the examination.
3. Advanced Diploma Course: The course will be 60 credits (40 credits earned together during Certificate and Diploma Courses respectively). Each credit will have 15 hours of workload. Out of this 8 credits should necessarily be assigned to field work/project work/training. The proof of this (field work/project work/training should be submitted during the examination
B. 1. The maximum number of students in one course of the career Oriented Programme will not exceed 30 to 40 in the average class size to maintain quality and standard of teaching.
2. Since there is heavy demand for Certificate courses, irrespective of the year of the study from the students, it is decided to allow the students either to opt for certificate/ diploma/Advanced Diploma courses or three certificate courses during the period of study.
3. The approved career oriented subject will be introduced as an add-on course parallel to the existing B.A. /B.Com. /B.Sc. degree. Schemes of Evaluation: The course is divided into two semesters. In each semester students shall appear one theory, one practical paper and a project work. Each theory and practical will be of 100 marks. Project work will carry 100 marks. The marks will be divided into Continuous Assessment (CA) and Semester End Examinations (SEE) in the ratio 30:70. Every Student is required to undertake a Project Work. The Project Work can be done by one Student or by a Group of Students (not exceeding Three per group). The Project should be completed under the Guidance of a Faculty Member of the Institute/College. The evaluation of the Project will be based on the Project Report submitted by the Students and Project Presentation followed by an open Viva Voice.
The Project work marks are divided as follows:
1. Interface Design 40 marks
2. Validation/Content 20 marks
3. Reports/Presentation 20 marks
4. Viva Voce 20 marks
Certificate course in counseling
COURSE: INTRODUCTION TO COUNSELLING
DURATION: ONE YEAR
ABOUT THE COURSE: Today many individuals and families are seeking professional help to deal with the trauma(s) of life. This certificate course in Counselling seeks to meet the growing need that people are experiencing in their personal and professional lives. This is a very practical and stimulating course introducing and preparing the students to understand the fundamentals of counselling, the modes of operation and how these tools can be applied in addressing the myriad social problems being faced in our society.
Helping students to understand:
1. The Fundamentals of Counselling
2. The Modes of Operation (tools)
3. The Social Needs of People that Warrant Counselling.
Eligibility : Any Student studying B.A/B.Sc/B.Com/B.C.A. in PCC
Duration : One Year (2 Semesters)
Classes : 8 hours duration per week
Intake Capacity : 30-40 Students
MODE OF EVALUATION:
The course is divided into 2 semesters. In each semester students will appear one theory paper, be involved in practical session and one project work which will carry 100 marks each. The marks will be divided into continuous assessment (CA) and end semester examination at the ratio of 30:70.
DISTRIBUTION OF PAPERS AND CREDITS
*(According to UGC guideline, out of 20 credits 8 credits should be assigned to field work/project work/training and each credit is of 15 hours of work load).